1 February 2022
Industry: Mining & Quarrying
Job category: Mining
Location: Black Rock
EE position: No
ASSMANG Pty Ltd requires the services of a Chief Surveyor at their Black Rock Mine Operations situated 80km North-West of Kuruman in the Northern Cape.
MAIN TASK AND RESPONSIBILITY
Assume full responsibility for survey and mapping operations, survey information and data, including all mine plans to ensure legal compliance at all times
· Certificate Grade 12
· Bachelor of Technology Mineral Resources Management
· GCC Mine Surveying
· Member of IMSSA (Institute of Mine Surveyors of South Africa) and or SAGC (South African Geomatics Council)
· Valid Driver's License Code B/EB
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
· 7 Years’ Mine Surveying experience in underground mining.
· 3 Years’ Management Experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Computer literate (Microsoft Package)
· System skills which include, JDE, Isometrix, Qlikview, Micro Station, Oracle and Leica Geo Office.
· Provide survey data resources and information.
· Report, reconcile and declare production figures.
· Ensure that all survey work performed on this mine is accurate and conforms to all legal requirements.
· Optimise the core operational internal processes and internal supply chain and resolve operational conflicts.
· Manage the efficient and effective utilisation of resources
· Optimise systems and processes continuously to ensure production efficiency targets and operational plans are met.
· Ensure operational plan is implemented.
· Provide input into functional planning. Interpret functional plan and develop sub-functional plans.
· Promote and assure adherence to safety, health and environmental procedures.
· Plan, direct and assess Quality Management within sub-function and recommend remedial actions where necessary to ensure adherence to TQM principles.
· Implement compliance requirements. Communicate compliance changes.
· Identify recurring problems and derive creative solutions involving team members.
· Obtain, check and refine information. Collate and submit reports. Run data exception reports and take corrective action. Conduct document control spot-checks.
· Plan, implement, control and monitor approved changes to area of responsibility to respond to changes in the industry, legislation, and other related matters including transformation and optimisation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The candidate will be appointed on the condition of being certified medically fit as per Mine Health and Safety Act 29/1996.
Remuneration will be based on a competitive all-inclusive flexible package.